Friday, September 02, 2005

Why I think my work is Worthwhile

Anita Sharpe writing in the Worthwhile Blog has asked to hear your thoughts on why your work is Worthwhile. Here is my response:

As a woodturner I am helping to keep a traditional craft alive and in the public eye. The ability to be creative is important to me, and in turn it brings a little joy to my customers. I work with a material which is sustainable and which helps to keep the planet alive whilst it is growing.

I believe that small independent businesses are vital to a stable economy. My work is labour intensive, not capital intensive, so less of my income goes to large corporations.

I take pride in being self employed. I do not rely on others to keep me employed. I take pleasure in my successes and responsibility for my failures.

I believe that these things are all worthwhile.

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: