Sunday, October 30, 2005

Show Time

My first craft show of the season was two weeks ago in New Glasgow. It was a very good show and I was really pleased with sales. There was a good selection of artists and craftspeople at the show, but very few have websites, the exceptions being Jamie Brown, watercolor artist, and Victor Whitewood who makes some quite unique chainmail jewelry.

Later that week I attended the Pictou County Trade Show organised by PRDC as part of Small Business Week. The theme of my display was 'How can a woodturner help your business?'

I showed products that can be used as gifts for customers, employees and conference speakers, or put in a goody bag for promotional purposes. I also showed some of my one-of-a-kind art which might be displayed in reception areas and board rooms, or given as a corporate gift.

Next weekend I am off to the Agridome in Truro, Nova Scotia, for a show put on by the local Zonta Club. I see from their website that my near neighbours Harold and Valarie Langille of Yardbirds will be there. They make some absolutely wonderful steel and glass scupltures for your lawn, garden or pool. Take a look at their Peacock design.

Finally I would just like to give a mention to another artist/blogger, Hannah Shapero, who has just opened a show of her work in the "Bakery on the Common" coffee-house art gallery in Natick, Massachusetts. The show runs until the end of December.


Technorati tags: , , , , .

No comments: